For over 6 years, ecobeco has been the leading Quick Home Energy Check-up contractor in the Pepco Maryland and Potomac Edison Maryland markets. We’re excited to announce that we recently won a contract to provide Quick Home Check-ups in the Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE) territory.
What’s a Quick Home Energy Check-up (QHEC)? It’s a no-cost way to learn about your home’s energy efficiency, and to receive energy savers installed by our technicians at no cost. Yes, I said no cost. Why no cost? Because this program is sponsored by EmPOWER Maryland, a state law to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in Maryland. This law is funded by the EmPOWER Maryland surcharge that appears on your bill regardless of whether you participate or not. So you might as well participate!!! Oh, and did I mention most customers save over $200 a year?
Single-Family Homes, Townhomes, Condominiums, and Apartments are all eligible for QHECs.
Every QHEC Includes:
- Energy Saving Lightbulbs: A variety of LED bulbs that use 85% less energy than regular incandescent light bulbs and last up to 50 times longer!
- Smart Power Strips: Stop standby power loss.
- Aerators for Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks: Reduce water use by 50%.
- ShowerStart™ Showerhead Adapter: Prevents wasted hot water.
- Efficient-flow Showerheads: Reduce the amount of water used in showers by 25% or more.
- Water Heater Pipe Insulation: Reduces heat loss while transporting water.
Plus, each visit includes education about all of your utility’s Home Energy Savings Programs. You can save thousands on improving insulation and air sealing, thousands on upgrading your HVAC systems, and more for water heating, too.
If you are a customer of BGE, Pepco Maryland or Potomac Edison Maryland, contact us now on the form below to set up your Quick Home Energy Check-up.